There are a lot of people out there who are looking to lose weight. Obesity is after all a global problem, and various strategies to help with weight loss have come up in recent years. From fad diets to dietary supplements, and of course detox teas, there seem to be too many options to go for.
One supplement that has been used in this regard is Garcinia Cambogia. Sometimes the supplement is referred to as Garcinia or just G. Cambogia. Garcinia Cambogia has in the last few years received a lot of attention mostly because of TV presenter Dr. Oz who called it the “holy grail of weight loss.” But there is always that saying that all that glitters is not gold. And just like many situations in life, if something looks too good to be true, it probably is.
More research has also shown that the impact of the fruit in aiding weight loss is not as huge as earlier thought. Nonetheless, don’t be quick to dismiss it. There are still a lot of benefits you could get with Garcinia Cambogia. This guide is designed to give you as much information as possible about Garcinia Cambogia and its implications for weight loss and overall health.
What is Garcinia Cambogia?
Garcinia Cambogia is a type of citrus fruit that is largely found in Southeast Asia. Traditionally, the fruit has been used by people in the region to treat an array of conditions including intestinal parasites and constipation. However, if you do a simple Google search on Garcinia Cambogia, you get over 10 million hits. Most of these search results are related to weight loss.
The key component in Garcinia Cambogia is an extract that comes from its rind. The extract contains Hydroxycitric acid or HCA. The acid and its properties are thought to be the important factors that make Garcinia Cambogia a good choice for weight loss. Some studies were done recently appear to suggest that HCA triggers the release of serotonin.This helps to suppress appetite leading to weight loss.
Other studies have also shown that HCA inhibits the production of certain enzymes in the body responsible for the metabolism of carbohydrates. This then allows your body to burn fat instead. Despite these diverse studies out there, there is no doubt there are people who have used Garcinia Cambogia and benefited from it. You can see the reviews of these people online if you are curious.
What’s Garcinia Cambogia Used For?
Garcinia Cambogia products are largely marketed as weight loss solutions. This is based on studies that show the HCA components in this fruit can help reduce appetite and improve the burning of fat in the body. There is one study in particular that found that the Garcinia Cambogia extract administered in a dosage of between 1,000 and 1,500 milligrams led to significant weight loss in study participants.
The study also found that there were no visible side effects to the participants. In addition to this, a dosage of 300 milligrams of HCA administered daily over a 14 day period has been shown to have a positive effect in reducing body weight. The people who took the HCA daily also burned more calories per day compared to those who didn’t.
The study also found that participants who received 250 milligrams of HCA each day for five days recorded a noticeable increase in fat metabolism. This dosage also improved exercise performance, especially among women. All these findings simply point to one fact - Garcinia Cambogia is a weight loss supplement that can deliver results.
What to Look For in a Garcinia Cambogia Supplement
In case you have read a lot about Garcinia Cambogia, and you think that perhaps it’s time to give it a try, you will need to buy the right product. Garcinia Cambogia has become a very popular weight loss supplement, and you are likely to find some offline and online sellers who claim to sell the best product. Nonetheless, you need to be careful to be sure you are buying a genuine supplement.
Here are some important things to look for as you buy the supplement.
1. Look At the Label The first thing to do as you buy Garcinia Cambogia is to look at the label. Labels are important because they show the nutritional value of a product and the ingredients it contains. Make sure that the product you are about to buy is all natural. It should not have fillers, GMOs, additives, binders, or any other synthetic chemicals. Ensure that the supplement is also manufactured by a leading company in the market that has a good reputation for delivering quality supplements.
2. Hydroxycitric Acid (HCA) We have already discussed above that the most important component in Garcinia Cambogia is the Hydroxycitric Acid or HCA. The acid is found in the fruit’s rind. Different supplements will have the acid in different percentages. As you buy Garcinia Cambogia, make sure that the product you are holding has at least 50% HCA content in it. HCA has many benefits. It will enhance exercise performance allowing you more time in the gym. It also helps to burn fat faster. According to the reviews of most people who have used this product, Garcinia Cambogia supplements that have a high HCA content or percentage tend to deliver the best results.
3. Check for Additional Nutrients Garcinia Cambogia is not just about the HCA. Even though the acid is important, there are some products in the market that feature additional healthy nutrients. Make sure you look out for things like chromium, potassium, gelatin, and calcium. Gelatin will mostly make up the casing on the pills. But the other ingredients will help improve energy levels in your body and balance other physiological functions. A mixture of the right ingredients in Garcinia Cambogia is always a good thing especially if you are taking a holistic approach to weight loss.
Is All the Research on Garcinia Cambogia Positive?
Many studies have been done on the implications of Garcinia Cambogia on weight loss and health, but not all have reported positive findings. One research in particular published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that extracts of Garcinia Cambogia administered with a dosage of 3.1 milligrams per kilogram of body weight did not have any meaningful effect in increasing fat metabolism in the bodies of study participants. Another clinical trial also found that Garcinia Cambogia extracts delivered at a dosage of 2000 milligrams per day for 12 weeks did not affect weight or fat loss.
These studies simply show that Garcinia Cambogia has had mixed results in different people. It’s not a guaranteed option to lose weight. It has worked for some people while in others it did not have the desired weight loss effect.
How to Get the Best Out of Garcinia Cambogia
In case you are truly convinced that Garcinia Cambogia is the best weight loss supplement for you, you will still need to take it in the right way to see the results you are looking for. There are so many great weight loss supplements out there. However, not all people get to take advantage of what they have to offer fully. Mostly this is because they fail to use the supplement as required.
To maximize the effects of Garcinia Cambogia, you may need to take it twice a day right before your meals. Many manufacturers and experts recommend that you use the Garcinia Cambogia extract at least 30 to 60 minutes before a meal. Make sure that the Garcinia Cambogia extract is taken on an empty stomach too. The supplement works best when it finds a food free body to work on. Ideally, the best time for this would be in the morning before breakfast. There are also some foods that you will need to avoid as you use Garcinia Cambogia.
Experts recommend that you drink as much water as you can. This helps to accelerate the absorption of Garcinia Cambogia into the body leading to better results. Try and also control your calorie intake when using the Garcinia Cambogia extract. The purpose of the extract is to aid in weight loss.
Think of it as something that complements the efforts that you’ve already put in place to reduce weight. If you can tone down the extract with some fiber in your diet, you will be fine. Fiber-rich foods give the feeling of being full, and they don’t have too many calories. They are also not going to inhibit the absorption of Garcinia Cambogia like many other foods.
The Most Defining Factor When It Comes to Garcinia Cambogia Products
There are so many mixed feelings out there with regards to Garcinia Cambogia. There are some people who still believe that Garcinia Cambogia is an overhyped product that has no serious effects on weight loss while others believe it’s worth the try.
There is one fact that could easily explain these mixed feelings. Garcinia Cambogia products are not the same, and it won’t be right to expect the same results from each product.
The most important thing is to understand the ingredients in Garcinia Cambogia that make it work. Once you do this, you can focus on finding a product that has all these nutrients or ingredients. We will give you a few tips on this later in this post.
Will Garcinia Cambogia Lower Cholesterol?
Although research on the implications of Garcinia Cambogia on weight loss is mixed, most studies do agree that the HCA component of the extract can help support normal and healthy cholesterol levels in the body. The HCA will reduce the production of LDL which is essentially bad cholesterol and triglycerides.
One clinical trial that was done with obese women who received an 800 milligrams dosage of Garcinia Cambogia extract three times a day for 60 days found that there was a significant reduction in triglyceride levels in their bodies.
In addition to this, the study also noted that when combined with daily exercise and a 2000 calorie diet, HCA led to the reduction of LDL and triglycerides in the body. The HCA also led to the increase in HDL which is good cholesterol.
How Does Garcinia Cambogia Help with Weight Loss?
There are two main ways that Garcinia Cambogia can help to reduce weight.
- May Reduce Your Appetite
Some studies already done on rats have shown that the intake of Garcinia Cambogia led to the reduction of appetite. The rats that were treated with the extract ate less compared to those that did not. Some studies involving real humans have also corroborated these results. Taking Garcinia Cambogia will help you feel fuller for long hours reducing your hunger to eat more food.
It’s however not clear what mechanism Garcinia Cambogia uses to reduce appetite. However, the rat studies appear to suggest that the intake of Garcinia Cambogia could trigger the production of serotonin in the brain. In theory, the production of serotonin should lead to reduction or suppression of appetite in humans. These results are however not as conclusive as they should. It’s probably best to take them with a tinge of salt.
There are some studies that have in fact found no correlation between intake of Garcinia Cambogia and suppression of appetite. It seems though that the outcomes depend on the individual.
- May Block Fat Production
The most important thing about Garcinia Cambogia is probably its ability to increase the burning of blood fats and to inhibit the production of fatty acids in the body.
Studies were done on both rats and humans already show that Garcinia Cambogia reduces high levels of fats in the blood and also leads to oxidative stress relief. One study also found that Garcinia Cambogia affects reducing the accumulation of belly fat in overweight people.
One study, in particular, was more interesting. The study participants, who were all obese, were given a dosage of 280 milligrams of Garcinia Cambogia extract daily for eight weeks. The study findings were as follows:
- By the end of the study period, cholesterol levels in participants had reduced by 6.3% Levels of LDL (Bad cholesterol) had reduced by 12.3%
- The levels of HDL (Good cholesterol) had increased by 10.7% or higher
- The level of triglycerides in the blood had reduced by 8.6% Excretion of Fat metabolites in the urine had increased by 125 – 258 %.
These results are quite exciting.
Researchers involved in the study believe that the Garcinia Cambogia extract inhibits the production of an enzyme called citrate lyase. This is the enzyme that is responsible for the production of fat in the body. Its inhibition slows down the body’s overall pace in producing fat.
Garcinia Cambogia Side Effects
Although Garcinia Cambogia is a natural product, there are some side effects that you should keep in mind. After all, this is a superfood review, and it wouldn’t be right for us not to mention a few side effects. In general, Garcinia Cambogia will be used by people who want to lose weight. People who want to balance their body’s ability to produce fat and burn it at the same time may also use the extract.
Garcinia Cambogia will also help keep blood sugar levels and cholesterol in check. So, what could be wrong with all these things? Aren’t these the things we are looking for in healthy living? Probably yes but still you need to get some information about possible side effects here below.
Type 2 Diabetes and High Cholesterol
From what we have discussed so far, Garcinia Cambogia is simply a supplement that aids our bodies in using glucose as the main source of energy. This is also one of the reasons why patients suffering from type 2 diabetes are interested in the fruit. However, you should not take Garcinia Cambogia with a medication that controls your blood sugar.
This can reduce glucose levels in the blood to dangerously low levels. The same logic also applies to people who are taking cholesterol-lowering medication. In light of this, people who are already under diabetes treatment or cholesterol-lowering drugs should keep off using Garcinia Cambogia.
Possible Side Effects
Aside from issues with medication, there aren’t many other serious side effects of Garcinia Cambogia supplements other than feeling dizzy after using the extract. Some people may also experience dry mouth while others will get headaches too.
It’s also common to get diarrhea and an upset stomach. Some users have reported getting an upper skin rash after using the extract. Others noted that they had gastrointestinal discomfort and upper respiratory tract symptoms. Most of these side effects are however based on pharmaceutical products that have Garcinia in them.
The pure extract from the fruit itself does not have these effects. But the most important thing is to make sure that Garcinia Cambogia is working for you. That is the only thing that matters. As long as you are getting results without any serious side effects, then go for it.
What’s the Best Dosage?
Garcinia Cambogia supplements will contain between 20 and 60 percent HCA. There might be a combination of other ingredients in the mix too. The best quality products in the market will have an HCA level of almost 80%. Some products will have additional minimal fibers, sugars, and binders. The standard recommended dosage should be between 500- 1500 milligrams spilt into equal dosages before each meal. You should also discontinue usage after 12 weeks. We haven’t seen any studies showing Garcinia Cambogia being used for more than 12 weeks.
10 Important Benefits of Garcinia Cambogia
Garcinia Cambogia has a lot of benefits. We have had many studies talking about the supplement but we still think that there is yet more to be discovered moving forward. Well, here are some of the benefits that we are already sure about:
1. Helps with Anti-Aging No one can escape aging. It is after all the natural way of life for all of us. But you can age gracefully by using natural products to keep you younger. Garcinia Cambogia is one of these products. There are studies that show the extract can in fact prevent the development of wrinkles and sagging skin. The extract will enhance the skin’s elasticity. It also has the ability to absorb UV light reducing the risk of cancer massively.
2. Has Gastroprotective Properties The abdominal part of our bodies has often been linked to many ailments. Garcinia Cambogia may have a positive effect in dealing with most of these ailments. The extract in one study reduced indomethacin-induced gastric ulceration in rats and also had a positive effect in reducing immersion-induced ulceration. In a nutshell, the extract will simply stabilize the gastrointestinal system to ensure that you don’t get any issues.
3. Is Anti-Diabetic Diabetes is a disease that has been affecting mankind for ages, and even though there are many advanced treatments that have already come out, none are more natural than Garcinia Cambogia. The extract has been known to prevent hyperglycemia. This is a condition that affects about 5% of people in the world. Garcinia Cambogia has shown effective positive effects in dealing with hyperglycemia in many studies done on rats.
4. Lowers Bad Cholesterol and Sugar Levels Garcinia Cambogia has an array of nutrients that can help reduce LDL or bad cholesterol in the blood. The extract will also help to reduce high blood sugar levels. The HCA that forms part of the Garcinia Cambogia extract is responsible for all these functions. It helps in burning of fats and may inhibit the production of fatty acids too. Diabetic patients may find some reprieve using the extract but make sure you are not taking any other medications related to diabetes and cholesterol when you use it.
5. Fights some Diseases Garcinia Cambogia is so rich in anti-oxidants. These antioxidants can contribute massively to overall health. The fruit is a superfood that can fight off many ailments that affect people. The free radicals that the extract brings are also vital in reducing the risk of cancer in humans.
6. Boosts the Immune System The antioxidants in the Garcinia Cambogia extract coupled with its vitamin C components will help boost your immune system. There are also some ingredients in there too that can help fight off bacteria and viruses.
7. Boosts Your Energy Levels In case you are looking to spend more hours in the gym or run more miles than you are used to, then the idea of taking in some Garcinia Cambogia is highly advised. The extract will significantly improve your energy levels. Garcinia Cambogia will also help increase the red blood cell count in the blood which boosts the circulation of oxygen in the body. This will have a great impact on your workouts.
8. Helps with Weight Loss A lot of people who use Garcinia Cambogia use it because of the weight loss benefits that it has to offer. The product has also been marketed mostly as a weight loss supplement. If you are looking to shed a few pounds and cut off fat, the properties in the extract will help you do this. There are two ways in which Garcinia Cambogia will lead to weight loss. We have discussed these options above in detail. But mostly, it’s often its ability to inhibit the production of fat and it's appetite suppressing that makes it the perfect choice for weight loss.
9. Reduces Stress Garcinia Cambogia may also help to reduce the level of stress you are feeling. This will also have positive implications for your weight loss. People with fewer amounts of stress tend to lose weight faster compared to those who are stressed. The secretion of the serotonin hormone in the brain that is triggered by Garcinia Cambogia is responsible for this stress relief. Regular usage of the extract will always lead to happy feelings or thoughts. In some cases, the extract has also been used to treat severe depression.
10. Boosts Your Metabolism Finally, using Garcinia Cambogia will also help boost your metabolism. Burning calories is the essence of losing weight. If your metabolism is up, then you will be burning more calories per day compared to someone with an average metabolic rate. Garcinia Cambogia will help improve the rate in which your body burns fat, and this will also have positive implications on your energy levels all day long.
How Does Garcinia Cambogia Balance the Body?
Garcinia Cambogia can balance the physiological processes in the body in some ways. First, it is important to note that the extract works in four important ways. Understanding these four ways will help us see just how the fruit balances our bodies.
Here is the breakdown:
Appetite – The Garcinia Cambogia extract will help reduce or suppress your appetite. Studies show that this can reduce daily calorie intake by 25%. The supplement will also help you fight off cravings for unwanted foods and reduce the risk of emotional eating.
Mood, - Garcinia Cambogia, reduces the stress level we feel. It also balances the production of cortisol and the production of serotonin. This helps to reduce stress and the risk of severe depression.
Fat – The properties that are contained in a Garcinia Cambogia extract will inhibit the production of fat. The products will also prevent fat storage in the cells. As long as you have a good exercise routine, the extract will help you get rid of body fat quick.
Metabolism - Lastly, the intake of Garcinia Cambogia will also boost your metabolism. The high metabolic rate will enhance the burning of calorie per day and boost energy levels leaving you feeling great all-day long.
These four ways in which Garcinia Cambogia works will have very positive effects in balancing the body if they are well combined. This is the main reason why Garcinia Cambogia is considered an overall healthy supplement to use.
What does the Latest Research on Garcinia Cambogia Show?
There have been many studies that have been done on Garcinia Cambogia and its implications for weight loss and overall health. The results of these studies have been mixed though. Recent lab animal studies, for instance, have shown that HCA, the key ingredients in Garcinia Cambogia, has helped to increase the levels of serotonin in the brain. The hormone helps to reduce appetite.
The lab animal studies have also shown that HCA can inhibit the production of a fat enzyme called Citrate Lyase. These two factors may lead to significant weight loss for the person using the extract. Serotonin also has a massive effect on mood stabilization. This can help with emotional stress, memory loss and even cravings for unhealthy foods. In some cases, high levels of serotonin will lead to improvement in self-esteem, high levels of confidence, and better sleep. Overall, the hormone will reduce the risk of depression which is a serious problem in the world at the moment.
Garcinia Cambogia is however not the only thing that can help in the production of serotonin. Although a lot of people don’t know this, taking in sunlight on a day to day basis may also trigger the production of serotonin. Maintaining a healthy protein rich diet is also highly recommended. Sleeping better and maintaining a small exercise routine will help too. Don’t also forget to take lots of minerals and vitamins. All these factors will lead to increased production of serotonin which will have very good effects on reducing stress and balancing your moods.
There are so many studies that are linking mental imbalance and the inability to lose weight. Some studies have demonstrated that emotional eating caused by stress and emotional imbalance may lead to obesity. Obesity may also lead to depression and stress too. In case you have tried many approaches to lose weight, and you have not seen the results you had in mind, there is a chance that your stress levels could be inhibiting success. In light of this, stimulating the production of more serotonin in your brain can help. It’s not uncommon to follow the same routine as someone who has loosed a lot of weight only to fail on your own. The difference comes down to stress.
Try out the Garcinia Cambogia extract and see if this helps. It’s a natural way of increasing the production of serotonin in your body and perhaps the missing ingredients you’ve been missing in your weight loss strategy. It’s not a fluke that we are seeing so many people benefiting from Garcinia Cambogia. After all, if you read the stories of many people online who have used the product, they have seen positive outcomes.
Although we understand that Garcinia Cambogia will not work the same for everyone, if there were too many disappointed people logically we would have seen them complain online. But you rarely get bad reviews on Garcinia Cambogia, and this simply means that there is something about this supplement that works.
Garcinia Cambogia has been referred to as the “holy grail of weight loss.” No doubt this is a bold claim, but it’s probably not the right analogy to explain what Garcinia Cambogia is about. If you want a holy grail of weight loss you’d be better off eating less and moving more. But even then, there are great benefits to be savored if you add Garcinia Cambogia as part of your weight loss strategy.
Our Number One Product Recommendation
The key to getting the best out Garcinia Cambogia is buying the right product. We think Purity Labs Garcinia Cambogia is the best choice to go for. It’s an all-natural product that delivers an HCA level of 80%.
This is quite potent compared to many other products in the market. The product is 100% Garcinia Cambogia. There are no artificial ingredients, fillers or binders. The Purity Labs Garcinia Cambogia product is also made in the US in a GMP certified facility.
This means that it meets the highest manufacturing standards in the market. There is also money back guarantee for the product.
Purity Labs is based in California, and its products will deliver the following key benefits:
The product is 100% natural.
It’s pure Garcinia Cambogia with no other additives.
No filers or binders are present here.
The product will accelerate weight loss and fat burning without too many side effects.
The product will also control and balance cholesterol and sugar levels in your blood.
It’s made in the USA under strict manufacturing standards
You get full money back guarantee in case you don’t like the results.
To Buy or Not To Buy The question in most peoples’ minds when it comes to Garcinia Cambogia is whether this product is worth it or not. Why would you spend money buying Garcinia Cambogia? Is it because of the hype it has received or are there any real benefits.
Well, this is your personal choice, but it is always nice to be safe. Talk to your doctor about the possibility of using Garcinia Cambogia for your weight loss and whether this will have any effects on any current medication that you are using. A good doctor should be able to recommend a safe way to explore the benefits of Garcinia Cambogia without too many side effects.
There are many weight loss products out there. Some are effective others not that much. But Garcinia Cambogia beats them in one simple area. It’s natural and safe to use. So yes, it’s a product that you should consider buying to reduce weight.
How to Buy Garcinia Cambogia?
The best way to buy Garcinia Cambogia is through an online seller. It’s easier and more convenient this way. We know that there are many websites that sell Garcinia Cambogia but don’t trust all of them. Buying from a reputable site is safer than anywhere. Look at the reviews of each seller. What are the customers saying about the product they bought there? Did it work? What was the experience?
Top Garcinia Cambogia products from top manufacturers will also have a recommended seller. In other words, it is very likely that the manufacturer will have a recommended affiliate website where you can buy the right product. For Purity Labs you can buy here on our site or just hit the Amazon button below.
Do not pay too much attention to the cost of the product. Cheap is after all expensive, right? What matters is that you get quality Garcinia Cambogia. Even if this means that you will need to spend more money so be it.
The last thing you want is to use a substandard Garcinia Cambogia extract simply because you want to save a few dollars. This is not just dangerous, but eventually, it will be disappointing since you won’t get the results you want. It’s better to pay extra for a product and enjoy its full benefits.
Finally, do your homework. Understand what the top products are in the market, the factors that define them and how they look. Having the right info is vital in helping you make the correct decision.
There are so many people out there who are struggling with weight loss. The WTO has already confirmed that obesity is a global health issue and many solutions to fight it have already been proposed. Weight loos will always come down to two things. It’s about eating fewer calories and exercising on a regular basis. But there are supplements that can ensure you get the most of these basic routines. Garcinia Cambogia is one of these supplements.
While research on its role in weight loss has shown mixed outcomes, it is still worth the try. After all, we have seen so many real-life stories of people who have seen a significant loss of weight or fat as a result of using the extract.